The West Anglia Mainline works involved the construction of a new line between Lea Bridge & the new Meridian Water station to feed a significant new housing development at Meridian Water.
Pod-Trak undertook a significant multidiscipline package covering Civil Engineering, Permanent Way and OLE. This brought key advantages to the client to manage the interface between disciplines.
- Reduced Level dig and installation of 6 kms of a Primary type 1 formation.
- Removal and reinstatement of soft spots providing CBR, DIN and materials testing at 50 meter intervals.
- Installation of perforated and carrier track drainage systems and deep surface water drainage systems.
- Construction of a 330m reinforced earthwork noise attenuation bund
- Civils & Structures (Bridges 666, 1391 & 1393)
- 1 Drainage and 5 Utility UTXs.
- Culvert strengthening & scour protection works
- 750 meters of Elevated and Concrete trough works
- Site Wide Landscaping.
- Bridge foundation pile cropping to 1100mm CFA piles
- Bridge sub structure excavation & reinforced concrete works
- Crane & piling mat construction and removal
- New deck installation complete with bearings.
- FRC works to bridge decks.
- Bridge deck drainage.
- 6km of new ballast and track, installed during passion with Kirow & within lose lay in High Street environment.
- New S&C Layout at Lea Bridge
- Slab Trak
- Cable Management Sleepers
- Buffers, RRAPs & Lubricators
- Guard Rails
- 6km of new series 2 OLE system
- 140 new structures inc piling, UC, DC, TTC, SSA & Portals
- Feeding reconfigurations at Copper Mill
- Booster transformer & switch installations
- Traction Ve+ & Ve- bonding