Pod-Trak Limited recognises the responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 for the health, safety and welfare of its employees, sub-contractors and the public in general which may be affected from its activities.
Pod-Trak is committed to deliver a safe professional service, through competent safety-conscious employees to fulfil contractual obligations, exceed customer expectations and ensure that occupational Health, Safety, Quality or Environmental risks from our activities are identified and effectively managed. This will be achieved through effective Planning, Organising, Objective setting, Measuring, Audit, Review and Training.
The company undertakes to address and comply with all legal and regulatory requirements which arise and ensure that the health and safety and welfare of its employees and other personnel are protected to a reasonably practicable level. Clodagh Connolly is the Pod-Trak appointed competent HSQE Advisor.
The legislation and standards which the company will address includes but is not limited to:
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Environment Protection Act 1990
- Transport and Works Act 1992
- Railway and Other Guided Transport Systems Regulations 2006
- London Underground QUENSH Conditions
The responsibilities and requirements will be achieved by:
- Ensuring the availability of adequate resources to achieve policy and objectives with the aim for continual improvement
- Identifying and-controlling hazards to ensure a safe system of work is achieved, wherever practical, by eliminating the hazard(s) or where necessary to implement measures to a reasonably practicable level
- Identifying threats of pollution from workplace activities and ensure they are prevented and effectively managed, reducing and/or limit the production of pollutants to water, land and air
- Employ Waste minimisation techniques
- Transporting waste by registered waste carriers
- Minimising environmental impact of physical assets though their life cycle
- Minimising energy usage
- Promoting the use of recyclable and renewable materials
- Controlling noise emissions from operations
- Ensuring the provision of suitable and sufficient personal protective equipment and suitable and properly maintained equipment
- Ensuring personnel have suitable and sufficient information enable them to protect their own safety
- Requiring personnel to exercise reasonable care for the protection of their own health and safety and the health and safety of others
- Ensuring personnel are competent to carry out their assigned tasks and/or are under competent supervision
- Consulting with employees and other affected persons to ensure the identification of all required measures and the reason for their existence
- Coordinating and cooperating with other organisations involved in a project to maintain and improve safety with a continual strive to prevention of ill health and injury within the workplace.
The Company maintains a HSQE management system which is audited by a UKAS accredited company to ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and OHAS 18001:2007. Pod-Trak are focused on continual improvement of services to both our internal and external customers.
This policy statement will be reviewed for adequacy at least every 12 months or before if required by events.