June 2018 - June 2019
Trimley, FelixstoweDownload full PDF case study
The Felixstowe Capacity Enhancement was delivered to provide extra freight capacity and resilience to the single line section of track between Trimley & Gunn Lane.
Pod-Trak delivered a multidiscipline scope of Earthworks, Civil Engineering, Permanent Way and Communications to assist the client with the interface between packages. The scope of each package included:
- Reduced Level dig and installation of 1.1km of a Primary type 1 formation.
- Removal and reinstatement of soft spots providing CBR, DIN and materials testing at 50- meter intervals.
- 400m embankment widening up to a height of 3m
- 4 x Utility UTXs
- Culvert strengthening works
- Foundations (30T Pre-cast units requiring significant temporary works) for the new equestrian bridge
- Driver walkways
- Site Wide Landscaping.
- 1.5km of new ballast and track, installed during possession.
- 3 x new S&C Layouts
- Cable Management Sleepers
- Installation in trough / ductwork & testing of 6.5km Copper Cable
- Installation on surface, anchoring & testing of 25km Fibre Disc Cable
- Reduced Level dig, loaded onto trains
- Installation & compaction of 1.1km of a Primary type 1 formation, loaded onto trains
- Removal and reinstatement of soft spots providing CBR, DIN and materials testing