Health and Safety Officer
Salary: Competitive salary offered depending on experience.
Health and Safety Officer with at least 2 years+ experience required to join and to work on a long term project in Cork. The successful Health and Safety Officer will have full EHS responsibility on this project and will be given good opportunities to progress within the company and upskill. Ideally, we are looking for a candidate who has previously worked on large scale civil engineering projects in Ireland as an EHS Officer.
- Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Advising & assisting site management in reviewing and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and creating suitable site specific Tool Box Talks.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Promote the Company safety programme PALS to help achieve a healthy and incident and injury free workplace
- Hold a relevant Health & Safety
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience on civil engineering projects in Ireland or the UK
- Hold a full, clean Driving license
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including strong excel skills
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills
- According to experience
- Health Care package
- Excellent career prospects
- Company vehicle / car allowance