Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Location: Manchester, London
Applicate details required:
- Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or Construction Commercial Management
- Must be a team-oriented person with a “can do” attitude.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, conscientious individual, seeking to join an expanding commercial team delivering a national portfolio of works
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- To be able to prioritise workload and manage a number of tasks concurrently.
- Must have strong IT and digital skills including the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc).
- Be able to work effectively with multiple colleagues and/or other stakeholders to give or find information to resolve problems.
- Can work using own initiative and work independently as required, but understand the level of responsibility within the team and be able to recognise and ask for assistance when required.
- Appreciation of the civil and rail sectors, but not essential
- Be able to produce accurate and concise reports, alongside the ability to develop and project a positive image of Pod-Trak in person, over the phone or in writing.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in Engineering (Civil &/or Structural preferred)
- Main duties will include (but not be limited to) assisting with the following: Cost and value reconciliations, contract law, tenders/bids, client and subcontractor engagement, applications for payment, reporting, subcontract payments, valuing change, supporting operational delivery, cash flow maintenance
- Ownership of discrete, delegated project tasks during the project lifecycle.
- As a team member within Pod-Trak you will be expected to embrace and contribute to our Safety culture and process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs, with a focus on safety at all times.
- Recognise, exemplify and adherence to the company core values which centre around our commitment to People, Clients, Safety and Performance.